UNESCO declared Quito as one of the first world heritage sites in the year of 1978. The historical monuments of Quito leave everyone amazed. This is the main reason why UNESCO was impressed enough to make this one of the first world heritage sites.
You’ll hear many people saying that Quito is the most beautiful city in South America, as it exhibits the valleys between the Andean peaks, which are a delight to the eyes.
Quito does have many places to roam around. This is the reason why travelers are attracted to this city in Ecuador. But before traveling to Quito, the most important thing you need to look into is the places to stay in Quito.
If you’re a traveler, then the appropriate place for you to stay would be hotels and motels around the main attractions of Quito. But there are a lot of options to choose from. SO, this may all be a bit overwhelming for any traveler.
In this article, we’ll give you a complete rundown of where to stay in Quito that you should consider staying in on your trip just to make it easier for you.
Where to Stay in Quito: Top Places
There are many amenities available around the different spots in this city. Let us list out the name of the areas where travelers can live while traveling to Quito.
1. La Mariscal:
The first place that comes to your mind after hearing the name Quito is probably “La Mariscal”. This is the main tourist hub in Quito city. And there are many reasons why it’s marked as the best tourist spot in Quito. Some of the reasons include:
- This is the safest area marked in the city of Quito because it has 24/7 tourist police. Since it’s in the middle of the city, it attracts the attention of the tourists the most.
- Secondly, this is regarded as a convenient option because the airport is very close to this spot. This is the reason why many travelers are seen putting their tents in this area.
- There are buses available in this area which are connecting to other parts of the Quito city. This doesn’t fail to attract the attention of the travelers.
- This area gives tourists a refreshing feeling, which is why many travelers opt for this area. As the roads are wider, your morning stroll can be really relaxing.
- The parks are another big factor for choosing this part of the city to stay in. The parks are big enough with green trees that make the travelers forget all about the pain of traveling. They can enjoy natural scenarios without any hassle.
- One of the main attractions of this area is the National Museum. The maze of the museum consisting of 5 parts can seriously confuse you, whereas it can attract travelers who are archaeological enthusiasts.
- Other than the National Museum, it has some other great places such as Casa de la Cultura, Parque el Ejido, etc. which never fail to surprise the travelers.
2. Historic Center:
If you’re considering a city other than La Mariscal, then it will certainly be a Historic center. There are many advantages of staying in this area, some of which are mentioned below:
- This is a very popular part of the city, where most of the hotels are situated for accommodating tourists.
- This is completely safe for travelers as it’s the center of a historical place. Remember one thing: people in Quito are very serious about securing their historical monuments by themselves; they don’t even rely on any law enforcement forces. So, it’s extremely important to keep that in mind when you visit this place.
- The airport is also closer to this area. The people landing in Quito city tend to choose this area to stay as they can fly easily after completing their trip in the city.
- It has an excellent bus connection that connects the inner and outer parts of the city. The buses play a very important role in making this part of the city very famous.
- This is regarded as the most iconic area of Quito. The origins of its history were found in this area of Quito. This is the reason why it’s named as the historic center.
- There are many traditional churches and holy places all around this area that you may want to visit.
- This area has seen many battles. This is the reason why people store their historical portraits in this part of the city.
3. La Floresta
This is one of the most beautiful areas you’ll see in Quito city. The reasons why people choose this area to stay in are mentioned below:
- This is a recently established area, which is to be known as Parish.
- Parish is full of wildflowers, which make it look extremely beautiful.
- The streets on both sides of the main road are lined with trees, which make it look more pretty, and this is mostly why travelers choose this area.
- The old mansions that saw this area becoming beautiful are another noteworthy feature for which the travelers opt to stay in this area.
- If travelers are looking for a peaceful vacation, then the fountain and the town square can absolutely satisfy their heart as they’re a delight to the eyes.
- Most of the artists of the Quito city have made this area their home. Many artists have drawn different characters on the wall, which makes it look more aesthetic.
- There are restaurants and cafes, along with theaters and clubs. The nightlife in this area is quite lively too. The people of this area love to cater to travelers with a delightful evening while sitting in their cafes with a cup of coffee.
- The accommodation in this area is of a high standard. As the hotels available in this area are of very high-quality, people opt for this area who intend to make their vacation a peaceful one.
If you’re traveling to Quito, then Bellavista can be a great option for you as well. The reasons are given below:
- The neighborhood of Bellavista is very nice as the people living in that area are very welcoming, and catering travelers is their first priority.
- Since this place is very close to the airport, it becomes convenient for the travelers to travel to their accommodation easily.
- Also, since it’s near to the airport, there are many available hotels for accommodation, which can be in your range.
- While staying in Bellavista, you can plan a trip to the Old town as well since there are connecting transport options available in this area.
- The churches and the monasteries are a treat to the eye. Travelers from other countries or other parts of the world can never compare their traditional churches with these churches. The architecture is completely divine, to say the least.
- The tropical forest of Quito is very close to this area, which makes it very weather-friendly. In fact, the weather in this part of the city remains quite silent and delightful.
- There are plenty of cafes available in this part of the city where you can dine in according to your own choice.
- The nightlife is very vibrant in this part of the city. You can even expect a sudden concert without any announcement.
5. La Carolina:
This may be on the fifth spot on our list, but it holds a special position in the heart of the travelers who have stayed here. Why, you may ask? Find out here:
- This district has La Carolina park in the middle. The park gives a kind of old feeling to the tourists, taking them through a journey of history.
- The park, which is in the middle of this area, has many hotels, restaurants, and pubs surrounding it. As a result, you don’t need to face any trouble to find a hotel to stay in.
- There are many events held in the park during the weekends, which can involve shows and concerts as well. The travelers tend to enjoy this very much.
- There are local markets set up in the outer part of the park whenever a program is held inside the park. In these markets, if you know how to negotiate prices, then you can buy many historical things at fair pricing compared to the mainstream markets.
Where to Stay in Quito: Top Hotels
These are the best areas to stay in Quito. In addition to these, you may also want to know some names of the hotels you should stay in according to your preference. There are many hotels to choose from.
So, it may be confusing. Keeping that in mind, we have shortlisted some of the hotels in Quito that will ensure a comfortable stay for all tourists. Check them out:
Hotel Carlota: If you’re looking to stay in a beautiful hotel that holds the architecture of the city, then only one name comes to our mind. The name is Hotel Carlota. This hotel is best suited if the outlook of the hotel is the only concern for you.
The rooms are spacious as well as classy. The brick lines running through the walls are an absolute treat to the eyes. The large roof makes for a perfectly cozy spot for couples to have a drink at the end of the day.
Rincon De Puembo: This hotel is totally based on the look of the old town. The couples love this hotel because there are specific services for couples available in this hotel which also includes a couples’ spa. For families, it’s a spacious space, where you also have the option to take a family villa. Needless to say, this hotel is incredibly beautiful too. As it’s only 15 minutes away from the airport, travelers tend to keep this at the top of their list of hotels to stay in.
Casa Gardenia: This is a famous hotel which is situated at the heart of the Historic center. Its decoration is very thoughtful, and it’s very appropriate for those travelers who aim to visit many places in a day. This is because the hotel is situated near the main attractions, which make it convenient for tourists who prefer to walk to different spots.
The Artisan market is also situated near this hotel, where you can buy local and historical artifacts at the best price. The iconic Virgin of El Panecillo is situated nearby, which makes it convenient for travelers.
Casa San Marcos: This hotel is established in the local city style by keeping a touch of the historical artifacts inside the hotel. The original historical products are featured in the same way as they are exhibited in the historical monuments.
As this is situated in the historic center of Quito, traveling becomes easy for tourists. There are spacious rooms and suites, some specially dedicated for couples. You might even get the chance to go to El Ejido Park Art fair as the park is situated near to the hotel.
Now that we have the complete guide of where to stay in Quito, it should be easier for travelers to figure out their accommodation options. You don’t have to waste a lot of time researching. Just go and enjoy the mesmerizing tour of Quito!