Maangchi’s Big Book Of Korean Cooking: From Everyday Meals to Celebration Cuisine
(as of Jun 11,2022 22:53:21 UTC – Details)
From the Publisher
Soy Butter Pan-Grilled Chicken from Maangchi’s Big Book of Korean Cooking
GANJANG-BEOTEO DAKGUI 간장버터 닭구이
In case you didn’t know, soy sauce and butter is an awesome combination! Soy sauce is salty and savory, butter nutty and rich. When the two are combined with grilled chicken, the resulting dish is juicy, savory, and rich tasting. For maximum flavor, I recommend you use thighs and drumsticks. I buy whole chicken legs and bone them myself.
Serve with rice, kimchi, Soybean Paste Dipping Sauce, and lettuce. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces with scissors at the table. Enjoy as is or make ssam by wrapping a piece of meat in a lettuce leaf with some sauce, and rice if you wish.
1. Combine the garlic, scallion, soy sauce, rice syrup, and black pepper in a bowl and mix well with a spoon to combine.
2. Add the chicken and mix well by hand to marinate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to several hours.
3. Prepare an outdoor grill or heat a cast-iron skillet or grill pan to medium-high heat. Using tongs, remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on the grill or in the pan, spreading it out so it cooks in an even layer. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the sauce sizzles and the bottom is nicely colored. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Scrape the marinade in the bowl onto the chicken.
4. Lower the heat to medium (or move the chicken to a cooler part of the grill) and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, flipping the meat from time to time and moving it around so that it doesn’t burn or overcook. To check to see if the chicken is fully cooked, insert a skewer or fork into it; if the juice runs clear, it’s fully cooked.
Ingredients 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 scallion, chopped 2 tablespoons soy sauce 2 tablespoons rice syrup or 1 tablespoon sugar ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper 1 pound chicken thighs and drumsticks, boned and scored 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
5. Using tongs or a fork, rub half of the butter all over the chicken and cook for another 30 seconds. Turn the chicken over, rub the remaining butter over the other side, and cook for another 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and serve.
Publisher : Harvest (October 29, 2019)
Language : English
Hardcover : 448 pages
ISBN-10 : 1328988120
ISBN-13 : 978-1328988126
Item Weight : 3.16 pounds
Dimensions : 7.94 x 1.36 x 10 inches