The Manipulation Bible: The Dark Side of Communication
(as of May 15,2022 12:31:12 UTC – Details)
From the Publisher
For far too long, the good guys have been getting kicked around and outsmarted by people who aren’t afraid to bend the rules. Enough is enough! I’ll teach you how to take the gloves off, do away with good manners and finally start getting the results that you’ve been denied. How will we do it?
First – you need to know the most essential skills of manipulation.
The 10 Most Essential Skills for Everyday Manipulation
1. Confidence – Look like you have it, even if you don’t
2. Appearance – Let your looks do the talking
3. Building Rapport – Create a connection you can use to your advantage
4. The perfect lie – Tell the truth, or don’t! Nobody will ever know.
5. Forcing People into Agreement– Get people on your side – fast!
6. Steering the Conversation with Questions – Do you know how? Well, do you?
7. Overwhelming People with Emotions – Control the emotions, control the man!
8. Disarming the Mind – Attack their subject and make it hard for them to defend their position
9. Leaving Them Speechless – Attack a personality and they won’t know what hit them!
10. Shutting Down Disagreeable Conversations – If it’s not going your way, it’s not going at all!
Do you need to be the smartest guy in the room to be successful in our dog-eat-dog society?
You only have to seem competent and know how to influence those around you.
Look at our politicians, the undisputed champions of alternative facts and personal insults. Our everyday lives are saturated with spiteful remarks, backhanded compliments, power struggles, killer phrases – and only the people who know how to use them will survive!
This unholy bible of tips and tricks will equip you with all the communicative tools you need to get ahead. In a world full of manipulators, you’ll go toe-to-toe with the best. Put your own wishes first; assert your own ego! Finally get what you deserve – in your personal as well as your professional life.
Superiority BiasConfirmation BiasAttentional BiasSocial ProofOptimism Bias and Wishful ThinkingAuthority BiasThe Sunk Cost FallacyThe Reciprocity TrapThe Scarcity TrapAnd much more …
Technical Terms and Foreign WordsWeak Language and Power TalkingFramingMetaphorsLoaded LanguageThe Word “Because”The Voice and Its NuancesQuotationsThe PassiveTen Little Verbal Tricks
The Irrelevance TechniqueThe Appeal to TraditionThe Personal AttackThe Circular ArgumentThe Slippery SlopeThe Appeal to Common SenseThe Appeal to EmotionThe Endless RepetitionThe Faulty GeneralizationAnd much more …
About the Author
Wladislaw Jachtchenko studied political science, law, history and literature in Germany and at prestigious schools in the USA. He had a promising legal career, even working at the United Nations in New York, before following his passion to begin work as a communication coach and public speaker in 2007. He is the founder of the Argumentorik Academy in Germany, where he leads training courses in interpersonal communication and business negotiation. He has won multiple awards for his work and has enjoyed considerable success at international debating tournaments, ranking among the Top 10 Speakers in Europe. With his online courses alone he regularly reaches and teaches an audience of over 200,000 learners across the globe.
Publisher : Remote Publishing (February 19, 2022)
Language : English
Paperback : 232 pages
ISBN-10 : 1955655308
ISBN-13 : 978-1955655309
Item Weight : 14.6 ounces
Dimensions : 6 x 0.53 x 9 inches