Both the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico can be even sweeter than Christmas morning, for us holiday nomads. Whether you’re into Dominican Republic’s scenic beauty or Puerto Rico’s tasty food, there’s something for everyone on these two lovely islands. Here are 10 reasons Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico are sweeter than Christmas morning:
Without any further preamble, here are the 10 reasons:
1. The Dominican Republic is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. With over 1,000 miles of coastline, there’s plenty of beach to go around. My personal favorite, is the white sand beach at Las Terrenas. This beach is so beautiful, it literally looks like something out of a postcard.
2. Puerto Rico is home to some of the best food in the world. From delicious seafood, to mouth-watering tropical fruits, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. One food that many folks rave about, is the mofongo. If you’ve never heard of it, mofongo is a dish made of mashed plantains, garlic, and pork crackling. Many say it’s absolutely delicious! This dish is a must-try when you’re in Puerto Rico.
3. The Dominican Republic is a great place to learn how to surf. With so many beautiful beaches, there’s sure to be a perfect spot for you to catch some waves. If you’re a beginner, I recommend checking out the beach at Cabarete. This beach is known for being great for beginners and the locals are super friendly.
4. Puerto Rico is the perfect place to relax and unwind. With so many stunning beaches and beautiful scenery, it’s easy to see why Puerto Rico is a popular spot for relaxation. If you’re looking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life, Puerto Rico is the place for you. For example, the beach at Flamenco is a great spot to relax and soak up the sun. You’ll see all the locals doing the same thing!
5. The Dominican Republic is a great place to go for an adventure. There are so many things to do, from hiking to zip-lining. No matter what your interests are, you’re sure to find something to do in the Dominican Republic. For example, one popular activity is hiking up Pico Duarte, the highest peak in the Dominican Republic. Make sure you bring a great camera! The views are EPIC.
Are you starting to think about scheduling your Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico vacation dates?
6. Puerto Rico is a great place to learn about new cultures. With such a diverse population, you’re sure to find someone from a different culture than your own. For example, one of the most popular cultures in Puerto Rico is the Taíno culture. This indigenous culture is still alive and well on the island, and you can learn all about it by visiting one of the many Taíno museums. Perhaps the most popular Taino museum is the Caguana Indigenous Ceremonial Center.
7. The Dominican Republic is a great place to go for a romantic getaway. With so many beautiful beaches and stunning sunsets, it’s easy to see why the Dominican Republic is a popular spot for couples. If you’re looking for a romantic spot to watch the sunset, I recommend the beach at El Limón. This beach is absolutely gorgeous and the perfect spot for a romantic evening.
8. Puerto Rico is a great place for bird watching. With over 280 species of birds, Puerto Rico is a veritable paradise for bird lovers. One of the best spots for bird watching is the Rio Abajo State Forest. This forest is home to many different species of birds, and it’s the perfect place to go for a nature hike. One of the most famous birds there, is the Puerto Rican parrot. This parrot is the national bird of Puerto Rico and it’s definitely worth seeing.
I almost want to add this little green dude to the list of the cutest animals in the world! By the way, if you have not yet seen the list, you can do so by clicking the link below:
9. The Dominican Republic is a great place to learn about the country’s history and culture. With so many historical sites, there’s plenty to see and learn about in the Dominican Republic. One of the most popular historical sites is the Dominican Fortress, which was built in the 16th century, by the Spanish. This fortress is a great example of Dominican architecture and it’s definitely worth a visit.
10. Puerto Rico is a great place to shop for souvenirs. With so many unique shops, you’re sure to find the perfect souvenir for your loved ones. One of the most popular souvenirs to buy in Puerto Rico is the Puerto Rican flag. This flag is a symbol of Puerto Rican pride and it makes for a great gift.
And there you have it! 10 reasons for why… Wait a minute… I’m forgetting something..
Here’s a bonus reason:
What is the primary languages spoken in the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico?
The primary language in the Dominican Republic is Spanish and the primary language spoken in Puerto Rico is also Spanish. However, English is also widely spoken in both countries.
However, if you’d prefer to brush up on your Spanish, then I’d HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to check out this set of courses:
Hopefully, you were able to take something away from all this. Both these places are absolutely fantastic to visit and you will most likely be planning your next visit before the plane even lands back in your home location. So, go out there and have fun! Laugh, sing, and dance the night away.