Looking for some exciting things to do in Norway?
Norway is a land of stunning natural beauty, with towering mountains, pristine lakes and cosmopolitan cities. There’s something for everyone here, so whether you’re a nature lover or a city slicker, you’ll find plenty to keep you entertained.
Why should you consider visiting Norway
You might be wondering why you should visit Norway. After all, it’s a pretty far-flung destination and it can be expensive to get there. But trust us, it’s worth the effort! Here are just some of the reasons why:
1. The natural beauty is unrivaled
Norway is home to some of the most stunning scenery on earth. From the towering peaks of the Norwegian Alps to the pristine lakes of the countryside, there’s no shortage of breathtaking vistas to explore.
2. The cities are cosmopolitan and vibrant
Norway may be best known for its natural beauty, but its cities are definitely worth exploring too. Oslo, in particular, is a thriving metropolis with plenty to see and do. Other cities like Bergen and Trondheim are also well worth a visit.
3. The people are friendly and welcoming
Norwegians are some of the friendliest people you’ll ever meet. They’re always happy to help out tourists, and you’ll often find yourself struck by their warmth and hospitality.
4. There’s plenty to do, no matter what your interests are
Norway is a land of contrasts, which means there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re into hiking, skiing, or simply exploring the great outdoors, you’ll find plenty to keep you busy here. And if you’re more of a city person, Oslo and other Norwegian cities will definitely have something for you too.
5. It’s a great place to learn about Viking history
Norway was once the home of the mighty Vikings, and their presence is still felt in the country today. If you’re interested in learning more about these legendary warriors, there are plenty of museums and historical sites that you can visit.
What to expect when you visit Norway
When you’re planning a trip to Norway, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First of all, the country is quite large, so you’ll need to give yourself plenty of time to explore everything it has to offer. Secondly, it can be quite expensive to visit Norway, so be sure to budget accordingly. And finally, remember that the weather can be unpredictable, so pack your layers and be prepared for anything!
When you get there, you’ll find that Norway is a land of contrasts. From the bustling cities to the rugged mountains, there’s so much for you to enjoy.
I’ve kept you long enough. Let’s get to the reasons for why you’re here…
Here are my top 5 things to do in Norway:
Hiking in Norway’s Mountains
1. Hike in the mountains. Norway is home to some of the most stunning mountain scenery in the world, and there’s no better way to experience it than by hiking through the trails. There’s a trail for everyone, from easy walks to more challenging hikes, so make sure to pack your hiking boots!
Visiting the Fjords
2. Visit the Fjords. The Fjords are one of Norway’s most famous attractions, and for good reason! These dramatic coastal landscapes are simply breathtaking. There are plenty of tours available that will take you to see the best of the Fjords, so don’t miss out.
You Must Explore Oslo During Your Norway Vacation
3. Explore Oslo. Oslo is Norway’s capital city and offers a wealth of things to see and do. From trendy restaurants and bars to museums and art galleries, there’s something for everyone here. Be sure to wander around the charming old town district too.
You’ve Got to Go Skiing
4. Go skiing. Norway is one of the world’s top ski destinations, and with its plethora of slopes and breathtaking scenery, it’s not hard to see why. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced skier, you’ll find plenty of challenges here.
Seeing and Experiencing the Northern Lights are an ABSOLUTE MUST
5. Experience the Northern Lights. One of the best things to do in Norway is to experience the spectacular Northern Lights. These natural phenomena are best seen in the northern parts of the country, so make sure to head north for a chance to see them.
There are plenty of other great things to do in Norway, but these are my top 5. So what are you waiting for?
There are plenty of things to do in Norway, no matter what your interests are. From hiking and skiing to exploring the cities, you’ll find something that appeals to you. Be sure to give yourself enough time to explore everything the country has to offer (as there is quite a bit), and be prepared for unpredictable weather conditions. And don’t forget to experience the Northern Lights-they’re definitely worth seeing! Safe travels.